March 26, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (116): Rebel Belle & The Ring and The Crown

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The book I´m waiting this week is


Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle #1) by Rachel Hawkins
Release date: April 8th 2014
Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him--and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more.

Why I'm Waiting?
I´ve read some good reviews about this book and it sounds really good.


The Ring and The Crown (The Ring and the Crown #1) by Melissa de la Cruz 
Release date: April 1st 2014
Princess Marie-Victoria, heir to the Lily Throne, and Aelwyn Myrddn, bastard daughter of the Mage of England, grew up together. But who will rule, and who will serve?

Quiet and gentle, Marie has never lived up to the ambitions of her mother, Queen Eleanor the Second, Supreme Ruler of the Franco-British Empire. With the help of her Head Merlin, Emrys, Eleanor has maintained her stranglehold on the world's only source of magic. She rules the most powerful empire the world has ever seen.

But even with the aid of Emrys' magic, Eleanor's extended lifespan is nearing its end. The princess must marry and produce an heir or the Empire will be vulnerable to its greatest enemy, Prussia. The two kingdoms must unite to end the war, and the only solution is a match between Marie and Prince Leopold VII, heir to the Prussian throne. But Marie has always loved Gill, her childhood friend and soldier of the Queen's Guard.

Together, Marie and Aelwyn, a powerful magician in her own right, come up with a plan. Aelwyn will take on Marie's face, allowing the princess to escape with Gill and live the quiet life she's always wanted. And Aelwyn will get what she's always dreamed of--the chance to rule. But the court intrigue and hunger for power in Lenoran England run deeper than anyone could imagine. In the end, there is only rule that matters in Eleanor's court: trust no one.

Why I'm Waiting?
I haven't read anything from this author, but this book caught my eye and the story sounds really interesting.

What book are you waiting this week?
Leave your WOW links

Don´t forget to enter my current giveaway:
March New Release Giveaway Hop (INTL) - HERE

11 comments:

  1. Those two I'm quite intrigued about! None of them would be my usual reads but I've heard enough good things about both to want to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of Rachel Hawkins... I am very excited for Rebel Belle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! So can't wait for either of them. I haven't read any of Rachel Hawkins', and I didn't really like the Blue Bloods series, but The Ring & The Crown sounds too good not to try. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Southern Belle's? YES PLEASE! I love books set in the south! Thanks for the great recs today and for stopping by earlier!

    Kristalyn @ The Sarcastic Palmtree
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The covers are so gorgeous! Great picks, both of them are on my TBR list as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've really been looking forward to reading Rebel Belle. I loved the Hex Hall series so much, and I hope I like this new series just as much.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Ring and the Crown sounds good, and the cover is cool, but the one that I am really looking forward to is Rebel Belle! I can't wait for that book. I have been drooling over it since before it had a blurb, just a one sentence description. Hex Hall is one of the best series of all time, for me, and I can't wait for more of this amazing authors writing!

    Check out the latest post at.....The Best Books Ever

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know much about these two books but I hope you'll enjoy them when they come out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those covers! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have defiitely been waiting for Rebel Belle. It is so pretty and it sounds amazing! The Ring and the Crown looks good too! The cover is great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I picked The Ring & The Crown this week too! It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete