July 9, 2015

Review: The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead


Title: The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines #6)
Author: Richelle Mead
Publisher: Razorbill
Release date: February 10th 2015

Rating: 4.5/5

Buy onAmazon | B&N | BookDepository

You can read my review of The Golden Lily - here, The Indigo Spell hereThe Fiery Heart - here Silver Shadows - here
THEY WILL BE TESTED

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

Their forbidden romance exposed, Sydney and Adrian find themselves facing the wrath of both the Alchemists and the Moroi in this electrifying conclusion to Richelle Mead’s bestselling Bloodlines series.

When the life of someone they both love is put on the line, Sydney risks everything to hunt down a deadly former nemesis. Meanwhile, she and Adrian becomes enmeshed in a puzzle that could hold the key to a shocking secret about spirit magic, a secret that could shake the entire Moroi world and alter their lives forever.

Don't miss their unforgettable final chapter...

LOVE WILL CONQUER ALL

This more than a review of The Ruby Circle, is me rambling about it.

Okay, and just to clarify Bloodlines is the spin-off of the Vampire Academy series, so after reading 12 books of Moroi, Damphirs and 8 books (of those 12) on the alchemists, the story comes to an end (hopefully not), no more books about Adrian Ivashkov, Sydney Sage, Rose Hathaway and/or Dimitri Belikov (unless I reread them). I will miss them....

There were many times throughout the series that I said that one of my favorite characters and my fictional boyfriend is Adrian Ivashkov (I love him since Frostbite), so I'm not very partial or impartial in regard to him, to all the other characters I can find fault on them but I just can´t any on him, and it was difficult for me to read this book, I did not want it to end, I was divided between read it slowly and enjoy it or hurry up and you just know how it ends.

I loved this book!!, I liked the action scenes because Sydney and Adrian fight with their powers such as human magic and spirit magic respectively, I also loved that Adrian does many things with spirit that I didn´t know he could do; also it has a good dose of romance, it has a good ending, but it didn´t felt so extraordinary, it was a little bit anticlimactic. But it's a good ending.

SPOILER - DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN´T READ THE RUBY CIRCLE - SPOILER

During this series the idea of ​​making some kind of vaccine? or potion? using spirit to help somehow the damphis and Morois with their battle against the Strigoi, made some progressing the previous book, but in The Ruby Circle I felt that there wasn´t a follow up.

I liked the fact that Dimitri is a relative of certain Moroi I adore and love, I found it very funny, but in my opinion it lacks a little of follow up.

Declan is character that´s introduced in this book and he becomes a very important little person in the life of Adrian and Sydney.

I liked the epilogue because it takes place a year and a half after Jill´s rescue and we can see most of the couples of the series having a Christmas dinner, catching up on their lives. But I felt that something was missing in the ending (IMHO)

Some of the details that I found in this book that also needed some kind of follow up were subplots that were left unfinished (or at least I did not read when they were resolved), such as the vaccine or potion of protection that Sonya Karp was working on, the new laws that  Queen  Lissa was promoting, I never knew whether or not they passed. And the army of Morois that are presented in this book, whom are preparing for combat damphir-style, but also including their powers, in order to promote another law, that the Moroi need to be taught to fight in their school years.

But overall, I really loved The Ruby Circle, is captivating is action-pack with, romance and we get to see a lot of cameos such as Rose, Dimitri, Lissa and Christian. I LOVED this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment