April 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (6): Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy or Pick Up A Book

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy or Pick Up A Book 
(in no particular order)

1. Shapeshifters
I love the books about shapeshifters, been my favorite the werewolves.

2. Strong Female Character
I like books where the female lead is strong and can defend herself.

3. Dystopian / Post-Apocalypse
Something like: The Hunger Games, Divergent and Pure.

4. Funny and light romance.
Sometimes I need a light and funny read with a good romance and a happy ending.

5. New Adult
Recently I´m starting to like this genre.

6. Fairy Tales Retellings
Something like: Cinder and Splintered.

7. Vampires

8. Intense and heartbreaking.
I love to read books that make me cry.
Something like: Where She Went and Jellicoe Road. 

9. Amazing-worldbuilding
Something like: CinderDaughter of Smoke & Bone and DarkFever.

10. Mythology
Something like: Half-Blood and Starcrossed.


Which words or Topics get you to buy or pick a book?
Leave me your links!

7 comments:

  1. I love books with strong female characters in as well. I have dystopian and fairy-tale retellings on my list this week too. Fab list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool list! I like all the same things, except I haven't read much new adult, but there is still time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I love amazing world-building, too, as well as funny & light romances :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you on your list! Fairy tales are great along with strong female characters. I want to slap the whiny ones. Heartbreaking is so great because sometimes you just want to tear a little. I keep seeing myths and I can't believe I forgot that one! Great list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list! I have seen other bloggers top ten Tuesdays lists today, but I definitely have the most in common with yours. I love all of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Shapeshifters, but it seems that a lot of them are very familiar nowadays. I absolutely must have books with strong female leads. Must! Best kind of chick in a book, for me. I feel the same way about Dystopians as I do Shapes. Love them, but having a hard time finding original stories. I love a light and funny romance. Always. I have yet to read a New Adult book. Fairy Tale Retellings are a big time must have. Vamps- depends on story. Intense and heartbreaking- I have to be in the right mood. I always wish for awesome world-building. And Mythology is another absolute must have. Any and all mythology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Percy Jackson and the Olympians is still my favorite series of all time. And yes, im 18 which I think can be considered "old" for other people but what the heck! teehee. Mythology all th way

    ReplyDelete