April 3, 2012

My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent


Title: My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers #3)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Harlequin
Release date: June 1, 2010

Rating: 4.5/5


Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them.Until something does.Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked.And so is someone else...
**May contain spoilers if you haven´t read the previous books**
It has been 3 months since Kaylee found out that she was a banshee, the same 3 months of being dating Nash and the same 3 months since she found out that the world wasn´t like she imagined. There are females banshees like her that scream when someone is dying and can help the soul return to his/her body (something not recommendable to do, for its consequences), there are males banshees like Nash that has the power of persuasion and can help to calm their females counterpart when they´re screaming. There are also grim reapers that do not get along well with the banshees except for their "friend" Tod a grim reaper. And there are also the hellions (demons) living in the netherworld and their breath is highly addictive.

In My Soul to Keep, Kaylee discovers at a party that her best friend boyfriend is inhaling "demon breath" which is highly addictive and can cause permanent insanity or death. Kaylee decides to investigate, how such drug got into the human world and will try to prevent that more humans inhale it.

I really liked My Soul to Keep, is my favorite of the series so far. Many things happen in this book, Kaylee investigates with Nash help, how is possible that such drug as "demon breath" is in the human world, which is not an easy task since hellions can´t cross to the human world, co that means that someone is helping the drug to reach the human world and Kaylee is going to try to found out who is the dealer. And she has to do all this without her father finding out and trying to protect her best friend without telling her what´s really happening. And also Kaylee has to go to the netherworld since a hellion found a way to force her to cross. To add to all this Kaylee is having problems with Nash.

My Soul to Keep is highly recommendable.

Quotes:
“I got swirling eyes and the capacity to shatter windows with my bare voice. Tod got teleportation and invisibility. The supernatural world is so far from fair.”
"I was thankful for the possibility he´d shown me: than a man really could love a woman enough that he´d do anything to protect her."

Book trailer 

8 comments:

  1. Great review! I haven't read any of these books yet, but I've heard great things. I need to catch up on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second quote so much. Seems nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. add to my list to read, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing review!! I NEED to read this series!

    Beth xx
    http://pageturnerby-beth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started reading this series and I really like it so far. Can't wait to reach book 3 and see if it's really (even) better than the first 2. :)
    Btw, I hope the problems with Nash won't be anything serious.
    Thank you for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great review, and I really want to read that book, I like Rachel Vincent's book too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice riview..you make me cant wait to read this books...thanks for riview..putting it in my TBR

    ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing the trailer! I have not read the books but that was a very nice review <3

    ReplyDelete