April 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (20)



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The book I´m waiting this week is


Title: Hemlock (Hemlock #1)
Author: Kathleen Peacock
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Release date: May 8, 2012
Add to Goodreads


Mackenzie and Amy were best friends. Until Amy was brutally murdered.

Since then, Mac’s life has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams, and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac’s hometown of Hemlock to hunt down Amy’s killer: A white werewolf.

Lupine syndrome—also known as the werewolf virus—is on the rise across the country. Many of the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to control.

Wanting desperately to put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy’s murder herself. She discovers secrets lurking in the shadows of Hemlock, secrets about Amy’s boyfriend, Jason, her good pal Kyle, and especially her late best friend. Mac is thrown into a maelstrom of violence and betrayal that puts her life at risk.

Kathleen Peacock’s thrilling novel is the first in the Hemlock trilogy, a spellbinding urban fantasy series filled with provocative questions about prejudice, trust, lies, and love.

Which book are you waiting this week? 

18 comments:

  1. I discovered this book awhile and definitely looks like something I would want to read. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw this one, I was instantly drawn! Great pick! :)

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hemlock cover is just GORGEOUS! Great pick!=D

    Drop by my WoW?
    http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-7-clues-to-winning-you-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds tempting! Thanks for sharing....and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the cover on this book and it is on my wishlist too! Awesome pick. I hope you'll drop by and check out my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently read this as apart of an ARC Tour. Absolutely awesome! I hope you get to it soon. And it's a short wait!

    Happy Wednesday, great choice.

    Jessie Marie @ The Daily Bookmark
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited to read this one too! The cover is really gorgeous. Great pick!


    Pam | jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm currently hosting a contest for this book on my blog :) I just loved the cover so much I had to include it.

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teenagers investigating murders on their own... always ends up badly. :D The cover is great and I'm excited for this book too!

    Aleksandra and her WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the cover on this one.

    http://tributebooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is on my TBR list as well and I love the plot and the cover!

    Talk Supe
    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting A Reader of Fictions!

    I'm totally excited for this one, too!

    Such a gorgeous cover and Peacock is an Apocalypsie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm excited for this one too! I love books with shifters. Thanks for sharing!
    -Allie

    My choice this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been needing to read another book about werewolves, I tried to read the Shiver series and I didn't like it so hopefully this one will help! Great Pick!
    My Wow: youngadultbookhaven.blogspot.com

    your newest follower,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read about werewolves in a while. Looking forward to changing that with Hemlock.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I saw this on another post today. Looks really intriguing, I'm going to have to check it out!

    My post this week. I chose Unraveling, wich I notice you're reading currently. How do you like it?

    New follower, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds freaky but exciting!
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete