February 12, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (110): The Jewel

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The book I´m waiting this week is

The Jewel by Amy Ewing 
Release date: September 2nd 2014
The Jewel means wealth. The Jewel means beauty. The Jewel means royalty. But for girls like Violet, the Jewel means servitude. Not just any kind of servitude. Violet, born and raised in the Marsh, has been trained as a surrogate for the royalty––because in the Jewel the only thing more important than opulence is offspring.

Purchased at the surrogacy auction by the Duchess of the Lake and greeted with a slap to the face, Violet (now known only as #197) quickly learns of the brutal truths that lie beneath the Jewel’s glittering facade: the cruelty, backstabbing, and hidden violence that have become the royal way of life.

Violet must accept the ugly realities of her existence . . . and try to stay alive. But then a forbidden romance erupts between Violet and a handsome gentleman hired as a companion to the Duchess’s petulant niece. Though his presence makes life in the Jewel a bit brighter, the consequences of their illicit relationship will cost them both more than they bargained for.
Why I'm Waiting?
This books sounds really good, but I would like to know if this a dystopian or a fantasy book.

What book are you waiting this week?
Leave your WOW links

8 comments:

  1. First time hearing of this book. I hope you'll like it when you get it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good and I love the cover! Adding it to my TBR :)
    ­Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good, and the cover is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is new to me. Jewel sounds wonderful and I like the cover for it. Come check out my WOW pick as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book sounds kind of weired, but the cover is sooooo pretty!

    Mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, this book sounds like a very tough one to read. But still, I am very interested in how the author approaches a subject that is so incredibly sensitive. For me, at least. One thing before I go...That cover is absolutely one of the most beautiful I have seen this year. In longer than that actually. It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a dystopian that will be good. The premise is certainly interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, that cover! THAT COVER! I am seriously in love with the book. I cannot wait to get my hands on it. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete