May 25, 2014

Review: Wish You Were Italian by Kristin Rae


Title: Wish You Were Italian
Author: Kristin Rae
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Release date: May 6th 2014
Source: Netgalley
Format: eARC

Rating: 4.5/5

Buy on: Amazon | B&N | BookDepository
The summer before senior year of high school. It’s supposed to be one of the biggest summers of her life, but Pippa is headed to an art program she has no interest in. The one saving grace is it’s in Italy. And when the opportunity strikes, she decides to ditch the program and travel Italy accomplishing her own list of goals. Things like swimming in the Mediterranean Sea, eating a whole pizza in one sitting…and falling in love with an Italian boy!

As she explores the famous cities of Rome and Pompeii, Pippa finds herself falling for two boys: a local guy she knows is nothing but trouble and a cute American archaeology student who keeps disappearing and reappearing at the strangest moments. Will Pippa find her true love before her parents find out the truth about her summer program?

Wish You Were Italian is a perfect summer read because it´s a light, adorable, cute, with a friendship and romance that felt a little like serendipity or that was meant to happen, with a bit of adventure and a great setting because is Italy!.

The story begins with Pippa being sent by her parents to Italy, to study an art course which she didn´t want to go, because she had other plans for this summer, which now they´re ruined; so in a fit of rebellion once she´s in Italy, she decides not to go to school and explore Italy by herself. Her best friend gave her a journal, in which she was assigned tasks that she must do once in Italy and during the course of the summer. Her first task is to make a top 10 list of things she wants to do in Italy, so Pippa´s list includes: visit Pompeii, swimming in the Mediterranean Sea, having a conversation in Italian and the last thing on her list is to fall in love with an Italian boy, which she initially sees as impossible.

I loved the friendship and all encounters between Pippa and Darren, I loved everything about them! Darren is the good guy of the story, while Bruno has a bad boy vibe.

I must say that this book didn´t felt very realistic since for Pippa everything goes well and almost everything that happens is as it was destined to happen, nevertheless I loved this book!, it´s a really cute book and I had fun reading it. I highly recommend it to those looking for a light summer read.

11 comments:

  1. Great review. This sounds like a really cute summer story. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so not the right book for me right now, but it sounds like the perfect summer read!
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have an adventure like this! I'm glad you loved it. I haven't read it yet, but hope to love it as much, if not more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to read this book but (as of now) I'm not in the mood for a light read so I'm just adding this to my TBR list in case I'm looking for one. Thanks for the great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read this book, it's been on my tbr ever since I heard about it. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I hope I will too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the review! This one reminds me of the Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen film Passport to Paris haha Adding this to my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This books sounds great for summer. I hope i get to read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. THis book was not even on my radar until a couple of weeks ago, and now that it is I can't wait to get my hands on it. I wish that I were in Italy right now, with a gelato, this book in my hand. Ahhh, sounds so nice. Thanks so much for your review. I am seriously ready to read this book now!

    Check out the latest reviews and posts at The Best Books Ever

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just recently heard about this book and put it on my TBR list b/c it sounded fun and I enjoy reading books set in other countries. I loved the movie Only You, which was also set in Italy.

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the title of this one. I heard it was part of a series, and didn't know if I had to read the books before it or not. But it doesn't sound like I have to. I will definitely add it to my TBR list now. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This does sound like a great summer read! My summer it all claimed but maybe next summer I can read this!

    ReplyDelete