November 13, 2013

Review: Six Months Later by Natalie Richards


Title: Six Months Later
Author: Natalie Richards
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release date: October 1st 2013
Source: Netgalley
Format: egalley

Rating: 4/5

Buy onAmazon | B&N | BookDepository
Chloe didn't think about it much when she nodded off in study hall on that sleepy summer day. But when she wakes up, snow is on the ground and she can't remember the last six months of her life. Before, she'd been a mediocre student. Now, she's on track for valedictorian and being recruited by Ivy League schools. Before, she never had a chance with super jock Blake. Now he's her boyfriend. Before, she and Maggie were inseparable. Now her best friend won't speak to her.

What happened to her?
And why can't she remember?

This is a very good YA mystery book, throughout all the story it kept me guessing the why?, when?, how?, etc. and I could never guess what had happened to her until the very end, in fact once I finished reading it, I had to reread some parts of the firsts chapters and I definitely saw them with new eyes.

Six Months Later tells the story of Chloe a girl who is in her junior year, has she doen´t have the best grades and the truth is that she isn´t very interested in excelling academically and one day she falls asleep in class and when she wakes up she realizes that she´s in the same spot in the classroom but she´s wearing a different outfit, it's night and six months has passed. She´s obviously disoriented and is in the midst of finding out what's going on when she meets with Adam, a classmate with whom she has never spoken a word, he has a bad reputation and apparently she called him to talk about something she does not remember. To add to all the strange things that are happening, she learns that's now she´s Blake´s girlfriend, the boy to whom she had has a big crush for a long time and apparently she´s also a brainy because she got an excellent SAT scores, so now she could be accepted at any college she wants.

But not everything is as wonderful as it seems, because her best friend Maggie doesn´t want to talk with her, does n´t want her around and she doesn´t know why?; Also Chloe realizes that she feels nothing for her super-intelligent-mega-handsome boyfriend, she always dreamed about been Blake´girlfriend, actually she was kind of obsessed with him but now she´s having feelings for Adam, the bad boy with a very bad reputation.

What I really liked about this book is that I had some crazy theories about to where the story was going, but the truth is that I didn´t guess what was going on for most of the book. The plot is really good and in the end the fact that Chloe does not remember what happened to her for the past 6 months of her life is believable. I liked the romance that develops between Chloe and Adam, since it is obvious that there is chemistry between them, whereas with Blake she does not feel the same as for Adam. Six Months Later is a very good book and that´s worth reading .

I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

16 comments:

  1. I loved this one too. So different from what's out there. The mystery had me on the hook as well.

    Glad you loved this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books that keep you guessing? I'm in. I can't wait to give this one a shot! Glad enjoyed your read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. This is so interesting. Losing memory of some part of your life. I guess the love triangle is alright since it adds to the mystery. Why did her life became that way? I would love to read this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing book!
    It one of the best read I read in 2013 :)

    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sound of this one. I love that the mystery is really a mystery and doesn't just purport to be one. I love that you can't guess. I like it all. I am looking forward to reading this one. Thank you for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review! I'm really excited to check this one out, after I've heard a lot of good reviews about this one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cover looks like a great read ! Thanks for the honest review !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The concept of this book is really interesting :) I've read mostly good reviews so far so I'm definitely getting my own copy soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to read this book so badly. I keep hearing great things about it. Who can resist a good mystery? I'll probably end up rereading the beginning. There's nothing like seeing just how clever an author really is. So I will definitely get my hands on this somehow :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this kind of story. Definitely put it on mya want-to-read shelf. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  11. From the first moment I read the synopsis of this book, I had a feeling I was gonna love it and to be honest, my expectations were actually exceeded. Amazing mystery novel with wonderful plot and well developed characters. Enjoyed every minute of it. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never heard of this book until now. But it sounds really good and exciting. Nice review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I've heard of this book before. It sounds interesting. I read a similar premise in one of Sophie Kinsella's books but that was a chick lit book. I wonder if it'll be similar? Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cover. Great review!I want to read it NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have this one but haven't started reading yet :) I love good mysteries that keep you guessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds really good! Going on my wishlist now. I love the idea of theory guessing!
    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete