November 30, 2013

Review: The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa


Title: The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #2)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release date: October 29th 2013
Source: Netgalley
Format: egalley

Rating: 4.5/5

Buy onAmazon | B&N | BookDepository

You can read my review of The Lost Prince - here
In the real world, when you vanish into thin air for a week, people tend to notice.

After his unexpected journey into the lands of the fey, Ethan Chase just wants to get back to normal. Well, as normal as you can be when you see faeries every day of your life. Suddenly the former loner with the bad reputation has someone to try for; his girlfriend, Kenzie. Never mind that he's forbidden to see her again.

But when your name is Ethan Chase and your sister is one of the most powerful faeries in the Nevernever, normal simply isn't to be. For Ethan's nephew, Keirran, is missing, and may be on the verge of doing something unthinkable in the name of saving his own love. Something that will fracture the human and faery worlds forever, and give rise to the dangerous fey known as the Forgotten. As Ethan's and Keirran's fates entwine and Keirran slips further into darkness, Ethan's next choice may decide the fate of them all.

This is the second time this year that Julie Kagawa made me suffer with a mega cliffhanger ending and I end up crying like a baby and saying that I´m dying for the next book is an understatement .... but either way, I'll wait a whole year to know what will happen to the main characters.

As a fan of The Iron Fey series, The Iron Traitor was one of the books that I had to read this year and I was waiting impatiently for it and it didn´t disappoint me because I really enjoyed it and there were times when I felt it a little slow or maybe was my desperation to know what was going to happen next.

In The Iron Traitor, part of the plot is to seek out Kierran, because he´s missing and apparently everyone is looking for him, so when Annwyl, the girl Kierran is in love, requests Ethan help to find him before he do something desperate to save her (because she´s fading), like make some kind of deal that could endanger him. And later they must seek or find something that will keep Annwyl alive because Kierran is willing to do anything to keep her alive.

I must say that before reading this book, I read Iron 's Prophecy, a short story that has a lot to do with what happens in this book, since there is a prophecy that involves Kierran and Ethan and I think that is necessary to read it before you read this book because it explains a lot of why the weird looks that Ethan and Kierran get from Megan, Ash and Puck.

As I already said; I´m a big fan of Iron Fey series, but I think this spin-off - Call of the Forgotten is my favorite, because Ethan Chase is a great character, I love that he´s a bada*s, strong and can defend himself from any fairy with his two swords. My favorite scenes are the action scenes and I loved the fights scenes, Julie Kagawa is an excellent storyteller and I love the world that she created for this series, although it has its "normal " parts, it also has its dark parts. And that ending...it kill me!, I recommend that you read it at home because I literally scream and then I began to cry...not something pretty to do in public .... I hate cliffhanger endings! but it´s still a brilliant book. And one of my favorite parts is to some characters from The Iron Fey series as Grimalkin, Ash, Meghan and Robin Goodfellow make an appearance in this book, I loved to see them again. This is a must read book for all the fans of The Iron Fey series.

I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

Book trailer

8 comments:

  1. She does have the corner on cliffies, doesn't she? I'm going to wait until the next book is out. I just can't bear waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've yet to start on the Iron Fey series and I think I'll wait until the next book is close to publication to get started. Love the cover and your review was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love Ash and Meghan's story but I have yet to start with Ethan's books. I'm quite hesitant to start this one 'cause I'm afraid I might not like it and I don't like not liking whatever Ms. Kagawa writes (I'm a HUGE fan of her). But there are so many five-star reviews I just might finally give in and start this series. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't read anything from this series even though I'm reading a lot of good reviews about it including yours. Maybe soon I may think of reading it to.. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read about this saga recently and now I want to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I love the Iron Fey series and I still need to read this one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Books featuring those who will go to great lengths to save the ones they care are favorites of mine. Of course their actions usually have repercussions for others if not themselves. I really should move this series to the top of my tbr list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the first book in this series but I haven't gotten around to reading it. Hopefully I'll get the chance to read it because it sounds great

    ReplyDelete