October 19, 2012

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa



Title: The Lost Prince (Call of the Forgotten #1)
Author: Julie Kagawa
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release date: October 23rd 2012
Source: Netgalley
Format: egalley

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Buy it atAmazon | B&N | BookDepository

Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

The Lost Prince is the first book in the series Call of the Forgotten, the spin-off series The Iron Fey.

The Lost Prince is just amazing! Julie Kagawa is an excellent writer, she bring us back to the world that I loved so much in The Iron Fey series. Ethan Chase has grown, he´s now 17 years-old, he had built a wall between the outside world and him and he doesn´t let anyone get close to him, so Ethan has no friends, appears to be a bad boy this to drive away to everyone, he´s cynical and treat people with disdain, but all this is to keep the other people safe from a dangerous world, a world that he can not escape - the world of the fairies.

Ethan is a angry boy, he lives with a lot of hatred, anger, resentment and fear towards the fey world and everything that has to do with it, he only wants to be left alone, but since they don´t, he must defend himself so he is an expert in Kali, a Filipino martial art that uses rattan, knives and swords ... Ethan and therefore is no longer a helpless child. Something that made me sad are the feelings he has for his sister Meghan.

The book is told from Ethan POV, the story begins with him attending a new school and there he meets Kenzie, a girl that is very persistent that even though Ethan try to scare her off, she does not take no for an answer, so they both end up in the Nevernever and trying to alert The Iron Queen of a new race of fairies that is causing havoc in the real world.

The Lost Prince have new characters including Kenzie, Kierran and Annwyl, but also return the main characters of the series The Iron Fey - Meghan, Ash, Puck and Grimalkin among others. From the "new" characters I really liked Kenzie and Kierran (he appears on The Iron Knight briefly); Kenzie is strong, loyal, determined ans stubborn. I loved Kierran (though not at the end), he is strong, with good sense of humor and funny (although not as much as Puck).

This book is addictive, it grabs you and will not let you go, it has a lot of action where Ethan he demostrates his fighting skills with swords and the rattan. And although there is not a cliffhanger, I can´t wait to read the next book, I want to know more about this new race of fairies and literally my jaw dropped when I found out the name of the next book, now I have to wait until September 2013 to read it .

This book is a must for fans of The Iron Fey series. Definitely a must read!

I want to thank Harlequin Teen and Netgalley for this review copy.


Book trailer

17 comments:

  1. Great review! I have this one sitting on my kindle from NetGalley. It looks as though I'm going to have to read it soon.
    -Kimbedrly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Couldn't agree more that Julie is an amazing author and has created another great series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read this book, but I will, soon. Love this series, one of my favorite series.
    Thanks for review. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading this book I loved the first series but this spinoff didnt overcome the Iron Fey, I just didnt like some of the characters but like you said this is a must read for the Iron Fey series fan. Great review! x

    ✿FICBOOKREVIEWS✿

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading this book I loved the first series but this spinoff didnt overcome the Iron Fey, I just didnt like some of the characters but like you said this is a must read for the Iron Fey series fan. Great review! x

    ✿FICBOOKREVIEWS✿

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the Iron fey series yet.. Is it okay if I read The Lost Prince without reading the series? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read The Iron Fey series yet but I've heard great things about it and Julie Kagawa seems like an amazing writer. I love the way you describe the characters of this book and I'm always up for a high action read. Great review

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read so many good things about this book- looks really really good. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is definitely a must-read for me. I adored the Iron King series, and I will definitely adore this as well. Thanks for the review and reminding me to read this asap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was hesitant when I heard there was going to be a spin-off of the original Iron fey series but all the great reviews, yours included I know that I was going to have get it. :) I just ordered it off Barnes and Noble for my nook. Thanks for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so anxious to read this book, especially because it is told by Ethan's POV! =] And for sure he does not like they fey... for everything that happened to him and Meghan et al.. =s

    This must be a good spin-off series ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely review! I so want to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review! I've never actually read the Iron Fey series yet, but I loved The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, so I'm definitely interested to see her other work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this would be a good read. thanks for your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds interesting! Will be adding this to my TBR pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so excited to read this book! Did you get a chance to read The Iron Legends? It has a short story in there about the prophecy of Meghan and Ash's son, Kierran!

    ReplyDelete