October 10, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (45) : Etiquette & Espionage


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The book I´m waiting this week is

Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
Release date: February 5th 2013
Add to goodreads
It's one thing to learn to curtsy properly. It's quite another to learn to curtsy and throw a knife at the same time. Welcome to finishing school.

Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is the bane of her mother's existence. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper etiquette at tea--and god forbid anyone see her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. She enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.

But little do Sophronia or her mother know that this is a school where ingenious young girls learn to finish, all right--but it's a different kind of finishing. Mademoiselle Geraldine's certainly trains young ladies in the finer arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but also in the other kinds of finishing: the fine arts of death, diversion, deceit, espionage, and the modern weaponries. Sophronia and her friends are going to have a rousing first year at school.

First in a four book YA series set 25 years before the Parasol Protectorate but in the same universe.

Which book are you waiting this week?
Leave your WOW links

12 comments:

  1. This one sounds fantastic!! Great pick. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooo looking forward for this book. The synopsis and cover looks so catchy! plus it's steampunk? I cannot wait! awesome pick!

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds great! I look forward to reading it!
    Here's my WoW.
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH yes. Love the blurb. The cover. This book sounds FABO! Great pick!
    Stop by MY WOW?
    <3 Inky@ Book Haven Extraordinaire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those first few sentences in the premise were killer! I'm very intrigued, great pick! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one looks interesting. I like that the cover is purple. Great WOW pick.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY! I love the sound of this one, thanks for sharing it! I'm so adding this to my list right now! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has been pretty popular this week! Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been hearing a lot about this. Sounds like a historical Gallagher Girls which I love!!! All about kick butt female spies! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard such good things about the Parasol Protectorate series, that I am definitely excited about this one. And I love the cover of it in a big way!

    ReplyDelete