February 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (31): Books That Will Make You Cry

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry
(in no particular order)

I´m a crier, so I´ve cried through a lot of books and these are some of them.

If I Stay made me cry a lot, but I was a wreck with its sequel Where She Went.
Bloodrose (Nightshade #3) by Andrea Cremer
With this book I was sobbing (I was crying and screaming.... WHY!?) and I actually had to stop reading it, because I just could stop crying. This book broke my heart.
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
One of my favorites books EVER, Melina Marchetta is a GREAT writer, love her books! and this just an AMAZING story. This is a beautifully written, poignant, and heartbreaking book.
With this book I cried a lot, that ending is heartbreaking.
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
I just cried through the last part of the book.

OMG, that ending was heartbreaking and I´m DYING for its sequel, just a couple of months to know what happen with them.
Unraveling (Unraveling #1) by Elizabeth Norris 
 Another heartbreaking ending, I could stop crying for a while.
If I Die (Soul Screamers #5) by Rachel Vincent
There is a scene in this book that ripped me apart.
Point of Retreat (Slammed #2) by Colleen Hoover
OMG, I LOVE this book! another book that I just couldn´t stop crying. I end up with puffy eyes.
Losing Hope (Hopeless #2) by Colleen Hoover
The letters to his dead twin sister were just beautiful and sad.


What books made you cry?
Leave me your link in the comments.

12 comments:

  1. I really need to read Jellicoe Road, I've heard so many wonderful things about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems we have similar taste. I realllly need to read Jellicoe Road. I've heard that is utterly heart breaking and I am all for the literary heart break. Also, I just started reading Slammed, so hopefully I enjoy this series as much as you have!

    Great list!
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started If I Stay when it first came out without realizing that everyone was going to die in the first like 20 pages!! I was so taken aback that I put it down and haven't been back since. I really do want to read it before the movie comes out, but I just gotta make sure I'm in that kind of mood.

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never read the Host but I did see the movie and I can completely see how it made you cry. Great list :-D thanks for stopping by my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Where She Went and I have to agree it does leave you a wreck! But I have If I Stay on my list as I thought it had a lot more impact on me. Great list! Thanks for sharing. :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bloodrose was so bittersweet for me. I cried and cried and cried, but I also really appreciated the full circle-ness of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks.I picked If I Stay instead of Where She Went, I love both but If I Stay totally wrecked me! My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I really DO have to read On the Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchetta being Aussie and all.

    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my TTT. I have If I Stay and Where She Went on my TBR list, but from what I've heard, they're both pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books! I have read Where She Went and I had tears all over. It was a heartbreaking and lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only three that I have read on this list, definitely made me cry. Some a little, some a lot. Shadow Kiss made me teary eyed, the Host as well. The endings of both were not easy for a crier like myself. But Unraveling made me BooHoo. Big, heaving, snotty cries. It broke my heart in a million pieces. And yet, I absolutely adored every page of that book!

    ReplyDelete