April 3, 2014

Book Cover Battle #58: The Lies of Locke Lamora

This section or meme is call Book Cover Battle, the first time I saw it was at Books Passion for Life as UK vs US  and  Bookaholics book club as UK vs The World but because I don´t live in the UK, I can´t name it that way, so for now is Book Cover Battle .

This week book cover battle is

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard #1) by Scott Lynch
Click on the image to go to Goodreads
US (Hardcover)                  US (Paperback)                              UK

Spanish                                Finnish                                      Italian             

Polish                         Romanian                         Russian

Swedish                              Thai                       Bulgarian


I have recently discovered the Gentleman Bastard series and have been thinking about buying them (for now they´re on my wishlist), but I still can not decide on which I´ll buy, I like the US hardcover but the book 2 and 3 of the series, match the US paperback. So now I'm torn between the US paperback cover and UK cover.

What do you think? Which is your favorite?

9 comments:

  1. I'm partial to the US hardcover, but I'm also a sucker for foreign covers. They all look lovely, to be honest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the US hardcover, but the UK cover is also a very close second. I love the way Locke is perching, waiting to make his move. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Swedish cover. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the UK cover is definitely the best, but I could be biased because it's the edition I own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, I like most of them. The only ones that I don't enjoy are Russian, Thai and Bulgarian... It is really hard to pick a favorite from these, honestly... I don't know what pick.Maybe the US paperback? Or the UK, or the US? I just honestly do not know. Great artistic talent on most of these!

    Check out the latest, greatest post at... The Best Books Ever

    ReplyDelete
  6. US paperback, UK or Finnish are my favs. Bulgarian and Italian are least favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the UK cover most of all <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. The UK cover is great. Love the colors and details on it. The US hardcover looks good too.

    ReplyDelete