November 27, 2012

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Title: Obsidian (Lux #1)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Release date: May 8th 2012

Rating: 4.5/5

Buy onAmazon | B&N | BookDepository

Read the first chapter here.
Aditional scenes from Daemon´s POV on Jennifer´s website - here.

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.

Obsidian is another book that I had heard a lot of buzz about it and read several reviews where they said that Daemon was awesome and so on. Well let me tell you that I really loved Obsidian, but Daemon still has to win my heart, you may wonder why? well, because is a douchebag with bipolar personality.

The book is told from Katy´s POV, she´s a 17 year old girl who loves to read and is a book blogger, she just moved to a tiny town where everyone knows everyone, there she meets her new neighbors Dee and Daemon, they are twins and while Dee treats her well and tries to befriend her, Daemon mistreated her and tries to push her away from her sister. So from there the relationship between Katy and Daemon is like a roller coaster, sometimes they get along and the next moment they don´t.

What can I say about Daemon....mmm, he is gorgeous (physically) and he knows it, he´s sexy and one of the most powerful of his kind, so he has a huge ego and his priority is his family, in this case his twin - Dee, and he will do whatever it takes to keep her safe, and if he has to be an idiot to the girl he is attracted to, then so be it. But what saves Daemon's character to be disliked (at least by me), is that he has his moments where he shows his other face to Katy, the Daemon with no pressures, no obligations, just Daemon, and at the end of the book there are three scenes from Daemon´s POV that balancing the scales of my opinion of him, but I feel that the fact of seeing everything through the eyes of Katy, is the main reason why I didn´t fall for him completely. One of my favorite characters of the story is Dee, Daemon's twin sister, she is super sweet, cheerful and what she wants more is to have a "normal" friend (non-alien) and she ends up being Katy´s best friend.

Obsidian is a good first book in a new series, is a sci-fi with a lot of action, mystery, is super fun and I can´t wait to read more about these aliens. And it has a very sexy scene, of which I had heard a lot, that is the famous laptop scene .... wow. I really loved Obsidian! I highly recommended it!

Favorites Quotes:

"You´re kind of dirty, Kitten"
I blinked. Deny. Deny. Deny. "What did you say?"
"Dirty," he repeated, voice so low I knew Dee couldn´t hear him. "You´re covered in dirt. What did you think I meant?"
“You’re such an ass. Has…anyone ever told you that?”
He flashed a genuinely amused smile. “Oh, Kitten, every single day of my blessed life.” 
Smiling, he cocked his head to the side. "Kitten, what are we going to get into?"
A thousand images flashed. Thank God reading thoughts wasn´t one of his aliens powers.

Book trailer

17 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your review! I've read mixed reviews on this one, but am intrigued enough to read it just to "meet" Daemon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I read a review about this book and found out that the cover models are actually a couple and I was amazed since both are so gorgeous. Btw, I've been very intrigued to read this book. Hot alien? Hmm..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha, I think that when I finally read this book, I'll probably have the same opinion of Daimon :)

    And I'm glad you loved it, I really need to finally get this & soon, 'cause it sounds like really fun book!

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also enjoy this series! Thanks for your thoughts! Can't wait until Opal is released!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I though the same about Daemon at first but later as I've read Onyx the story changed! :) Even though my fave boy is still Aiden I like Daemon and this series too.
    I'm glad you enjoyed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy that you enjoyed this because I absolutely ADORED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just ordered this book. I'm glad to hear that it's good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. ' a douchebag with bipolar personality'
    That is so funny and so true! Totally hadn't thought of it like that but you're right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting review, I've been on the fence about reading it for a while but I think now I might.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think OBSIDIAN is the best YA book ever !!
    i love daemon black :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review...I have been fiending for this series for a while and now I'm fiending AND drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like an interesting book! Thanks for the review:) Excited to get started on it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a simply awesome book and can't wait to read the rest of this series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been on the fence with this one. I enjoyed your review and I'll definitely be picking this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just knew Obsidian has a book trailer...
    I just orederes this book last week, so eager to start this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was a good book. I agreed with everything in your review!

    ReplyDelete