May 30, 2013

Book Cover Battle #45: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

This section or meme is call Book Cover Battle, the first time I saw it was at Books Passion for Life as UK vs US  and  Bookaholics book club as UK vs The World but because I don´t live in the UK, I can´t name it that way, so for now is Book Cover Battle .

This week book cover battle is

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Click on the image to go to Goodreads
US                                                      UK
Russian                                               Spanish
Bulgarian                                                    French
Indonesian                                                    Italian
Polish                                               Portuguese
Swedish                                         Turkish

German                                               Chinese
Japanese Vol. 1 of 2                                   Japanese Vol. 2 of 2

I like all the covers, they´re really pretty maybe my least favorite is the Russian cover.

What do you think? Which is your favorite? 

9 comments:

  1. I love Portuguese and Chinese covers so much! I am from Indonesia and IMO Indonesian cover is disappointing. And the publisher hasn't published the 2nd and 3rd books until now I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russia by far is my favorite. I also like the Japanese 2 of 2 cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh.. I actually think the Russian cover is beautiful! but I LOVE LOVE the Chinese cover.. so breathtaking!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, that is a ton of covers. How to choose a favorite? I think in this case, it will be favorites! I will just remark on them all, if that is ok with you?!

    US- simple but pretty. Like the bit of red. Not my fave, though
    UK- Really like this one. Love the color scheme, and the font. Maybe a fave?
    Russian- Absolutely stunning! Favorite, no doubt. It is beautiful
    Spanish- Eh... Not bad, but kind of boring.
    Bulgarian- Looks Middle Grade, like colors and the read on font. Not bad, but not a fave
    French- Very different from the rest. Like it, but it doesn't really fit for me.
    Indonesian- Simple and very pretty
    Italian- I like this one. Not my fave, but it is a good cross between cutesy and spooky
    Polish- Did I miss something with the umbrella? No clue what that is about. Least fave, so far
    Portuguese- Yeah, this one is my new least fave. Sorry, Portuguese
    Swedish- OOh! THIS is another favorite! LOVE IT
    Turkish- Like it. Like the added shadow wold.
    German- Another to add to my fave's list! Love this one. Beautiful!
    Chinese- Very pretty. I like it
    Japanese Vol1 & Vol2- Eh.. Not a fan!

    Favorites would be, in no particular order, Russian, Swedish and German!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the UK, Italian, and Russian covers. They're absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the :
    . German
    . Portuguese
    . Chinese

    I somehow never knew that foreign editions of a book had different covers. I just thought they were written in a different language.

    But, these days, it seems books are being re-released with new cover designs. The HarperTeen editions of Jane Austen books come to mind -- so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All those covers look really good and similar. The US is my favorite yet I like all of the other covers too. I am torn. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rusian cover is gorgeous. Loved it. And I love Indonesian cover also :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Russian cover is absolutely beautiful. So is the Indonesian one.

    ReplyDelete