May 8, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (75): Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The book I´m waiting this week is

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Release date: September 10th 2013
A coming-of-age tale of fan fiction, family and first love.

Cath is a Simon Snow fan.

Okay, the whole world is a Simon Snow fan . . .

But for Cath, being a fan is her life — and she’s really good at it. She and her twin sister, Wren, ensconced themselves in the Simon Snow series when they were just kids; it’s what got them through their mother leaving.

Reading. Rereading. Hanging out in Simon Snow forums, writing Simon Snow fan fiction, dressing up like the characters for every movie premiere.

Cath’s sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can’t let go. She doesn’t want to.

Now that they’re going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn’t want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She’s got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can’t stop worrying about her dad, who’s loving and fragile and has never really been alone.

For Cath, the question is: Can she do this? Can she make it without Wren holding her hand? Is she ready to start living her own life? Writing her own stories?

Or will she just go on living inside somebody else’s fiction?
Why I'm Waiting?
This just sounds right up my alley!

What book are you waiting this week?
Leave your WOW links

11 comments:

  1. I've been hearing about this one. It sounds interesting.

    Follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-46-beautiful-dark.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this on someone else page today and it looks pretty good :) Thanks for stopping by My WW!


    Janina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so cute! I'll have to look for this in a few months when it comes out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover. Have yet to read anything by Rainbow Rowell but obviously I must remedy this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL this one sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't seen it before and I'm not quite sure if it's for me as I'm not into chick-lit. I hope you'll get it soon! :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is new to me and it sounds super cute. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also SOOOOO excited for Fangirl.
    Thanks so much for stopping by :)

    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cover is super cute!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I want this one so badly too! You know it's up on Netgalley, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book looks so cute and I recognize the author! I will be waiting for this one as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished Eleanor & Park yesterday, and I never miss a Rainbow Rowell book. Ever again. Her writing, her characters, and the trip back to the 80's blew me away. She is amazing, and Fangirl is high on my highly anticipated list!

    ReplyDelete