December 11, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday (102): Don't Look Back & Split Second

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The book I´m waiting this week is

Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
Release date: April 15th 2014
Samantha is a stranger in her own life. Until the night she disappeared with her best friend, Cassie, everyone said Sam had it all-popularity, wealth, and a dream boyfriend.

Sam has resurfaced, but she has no recollection of who she was or what happened to her that night. As she tries to piece together her life from before, she realizes it's one she no longer wants any part of. The old Sam took "mean girl" to a whole new level, and it's clear she and Cassie were more like best enemies. Sam is pretty sure that losing her memories is like winning the lottery. She's getting a second chance at being a better daughter, sister, and friend, and she's falling hard for Carson Ortiz, a boy who has always looked out for her-even if the old Sam treated him like trash.

But Cassie is still missing, and the facts about what happened to her that night isn't just buried deep inside of Sam's memory-someone else knows, someone who wants to make sure Sam stays quiet. All Sam wants is the truth, and if she can unlock her clouded memories of that fateful night, she can finally move on. But what if not remembering is the only thing keeping Sam alive?

Why I'm Waiting?
Because Jennifer is on my auto-buy list, I love her YA books.


Split Second (Pivot Point #2) by Kasie West
Release date:  February 11th 2014
Life can change in a split second.

Addie hardly recognizes her life since her parents divorced. Her boyfriend used her. Her best friend betrayed her. She can’t believe this is the future she chose. On top of that, her ability is acting up. She’s always been able to Search the future when presented with a choice. Now she can manipulate and slow down time, too . . . but not without a price.

When Addie’s dad invites her to spend her winter break with him, she jumps at the chance to escape into the Norm world of Dallas, Texas. There she meets the handsome and achingly familiar Trevor. He’s a virtual stranger to her, so why does her heart do a funny flip every time she sees him? But after witnessing secrets that were supposed to stay hidden, Trevor quickly seems more suspicious of Addie than interested in her. And she has an inexplicable desire to change that.

Meanwhile, her best friend, Laila, has a secret of her own: she can restore Addie’s memories . . . once she learns how. But there are powerful people who don’t want to see this happen. Desperate, Laila tries to manipulate Connor, a brooding bad boy from school—but he seems to be the only boy in the Compound immune to her charms. And the only one who can help her.

As Addie and Laila frantically attempt to retrieve the lost memories, Addie must piece together a world she thought she knew before she loses the love she nearly forgot . . . and a future that could change everything.
Why I'm Waiting?
I LOVED Pivot Point!, I just love the idea of paranormals living in a secret compound and the differences between the normal world and the paranormal world. And I can´t wait to read more about Trevor.


What book are you waiting this week?
Leave your WOW links

Don´t forget to enter my current giveaway:

2nd Year Blogoversary Giveaway (INTL) - HERE.

12 comments:

  1. YES!! I can't wait for Don't Look Back! I love anything by JLA and this book is really different from what she usually writes, so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. I have the first book in the Pivot Point series in my TBR, it sounds really good:)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing, and this book looks amazing. Love the cover!

    My WoW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG YES can't wait for Don't Look Back! Requested it on NetGalley but still waiting for a response. Fingers crossed! And I still need to read Pivot Point but I have an ARC of Split Second. Hope I'll get to those this month, they sound awesome.
    Amazing picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really curious about Don't Look Back. Great picks.
    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks. following via bloglovin, gfc, twitter :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book by JLA will be translated in my language so I cannot wait! :) I need to read Pivot Point too. Great picks :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read Don't Look Back! Plus I love the animated cover version of this book. Jennifer Armentrout is one of my all time favourite authors. Awesome choice. Here's my WoW pick
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2013/12/waiting-on-wednesday-26-guard-by-kiera.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks! I'm hoping to read Pivot Point over the winter break! I haven't read any JLA books yet but this one definitely sounds good and a bit creepy! Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WOW at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome picks, thanks for sharing!
    Check out our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't Look Back sounds really good. I haven't read Pivot Point yet, so I don't have Split Second on my tbr yet. I hope you enjoy reading both of these!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices. I'm excited for both of those ones. Have you seen the animated cover for Don't Look Back? It's super creepy.

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these sound awesome. Especially Split Second! I haven't read Pivot Point yet, but it is one of my most highly anticipated. So I need to hurry up and read it so I can jump right on Split Second when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete